September 18, 2019
Location: Sint Maarten
Event: The Government of Sint Maarten has issued a Tropical Storm Watch in anticipation of Tropical Storm Jerry currently located 765 miles east of the Leeward Islands moving west northwest. Jerry is expected to reach hurricane strength on Thursday as it enters the Caribbean.
Tropical Storm Watches have not yet been issued for Saba and Sint Eustatius but U.S. citizens on those islands should also monitor weather reports in case conditions change.
Actions to Take:
· Monitor the local news for updates.
· Avoid entering the sea as the storm may produce life threatening surf and rip current conditions.
· Visit the Facebook pages for the Governments of Sint Maarten, Saba, and Sint Eustatius to follow the latest updates and receive directions from local officials.
· State Department – – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Sint Maarten Country Information
· Saba and Sint Eustatius Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
· Follow us on Facebook