You may renew your passport by mail if your most recent U.S. passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
- Was issued within the last 15 years;
- Was issued with 10 year validity; and
- Was issued in your current name (or you have changed your name and can submit legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change)
Instructions: Submit the following to the U.S. Consulate by commercial courier service (DHL or FedEx).
1. Completed Passport Application Form DS-82.
2. Your most recent United States passport. This passport will be cancelled and returned to you with your new passport.
3. Passport photo – 2 inch x 2 inch / 5cm x 5cm, no glasses, taken within the last six months.
4. Fee: The application fee is U.S. $110.00, and must be paid by cashier’s check, negotiable in the U.S., payable to “U.S. Disbursing Officer.” The Consulate cannot accept personal checks.
5. A self-addressed, pre-paid return waybill. You should keep a record of your waybill’s tracking number so you can track your passport’s return to you.
American Citizen Services Unit
U.S. Consulate General
J.B. Gorsiraweg #1
An application for a full-validity (ten years for adults) passport will be sent to the United States for printing with a secure, photo-digitized image of the bearer. You should allow 15 working days for your application to be processed.
If you are traveling within 15 working days and can provide evidence of this travel, you may be eligible for an emergency limited-validity passport. Follow this link for further information.