Please follow the instructions on this page if:
- You are age 18 or over; and
- Your most recent passport was issued before your 16th birthday and within the last 15 years; and
- You are able to submit your most recent passport with your application.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Your most recent United States passport;
- Proof of Identity
- a valid passport of any country; or
- a valid driver’s license with photograph; or
- a national identity card with photograph; or
- a valid U.S. or State government ID card; or
- a U.S. military ID card;
- Identifying Witness: If you do not have any personal identification it will be necessary for you to be accompanied by a family member (mother/father/brother/sister) with a valid passport, preferably U.S., who will be required to make a sworn statement identifying you. This family member must be over the age of 18;
- Any foreign passport that you may currently hold, have held, or been included in;
- Name change documentation: If you have changed your name since your most recent passport was issued, you will be required to furnish name change documentation, i.e. your marriage certificate. If you have changed your name by means other than marriage, please follow this link for additional application requirements;
- Passport application form DS-11: Form DS-11 must be printed on separate sheets of paper; do NOT print this form on front and back of the same sheet. For tips on completing the DS-11, follow this link;
- Two identical passport photographs: The consular section will reject any photographs that do not meet the specified requirements. Vending machine photographs and photographs printed on a home computer are unacceptable;
- Fees: The application fee is U.S. $145.00 or the equivalent in Nafl. Accepted payment methods are:
- Cash (only if you are applying at the consulate on Curacao); or
- Cashier’s Check, negotiable in the U.S. to the exact U.S. dollar amount made payable to “U.S. Disbursing Officer.” This is the only method of payment that can be accepted if you are applying during one of our visits to the other islands.
- Note: The Consulate cannot accept personal checks. Cashier’s Checks must have been issued within the last 5 months.
- A self-addressed, prepaid commercial courier waybill to have your documents returned to you once processing is completed.
Method of Application
You are required to apply for the passport in person.
The American Citizen Services unit is open to the public on Mondays between 2:00pm – 4:00pm and Fridays between 09:00am – 11:00am. An appointment is mandatory.
Our address is:
U.S. Consulate General
Consular Section/American Citizen Services
J.B. Gorsiraweg 1
Tel: +(599-9) 461-3066 (no visa information)
Fax: +(599-9) 461-6489 (no visa information)
Email: ACSCuracao@state.gov (no visa information)
An application for a full-validity (ten years for adults) passport will be sent to the United States for printing with a secure, photo-digitized image of the bearer. You should allow 15 working days for your application to be processed.
If you are traveling within 15 working days and can provide evidence of this travel, you may be eligible for an emergency limited-validity passport.