Welcome to the passport page. Use the links above to see instructions for the service you need.
Apply for or Renew a United States Passport
All applicants, including adult or minor passport renewals and replacement of emergency passports, require an appointment.
Please read these instructions carefully before coming to your appointment as failure to arrive prepared may result in you having to make a new appointment on a different day.
It is important to come to your appointment with all applications and documents already filled out (but not signed). Please plan to arrive to the front gate 15 minutes before your appointment time to ensure you are through the security line in time. Do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. If you arrive more than 15 late to your scheduled appointment, you may be asked to schedule an appointment for another day.
The Department of State provides a step-by-step process on the correct applications and documents to prepare. The website will even allow you to fill in the application online to print and bring with you. These instructions are also available in Spanish.
If you are unsure about which forms to use, please visit our Passport Wizard.
Please come to your appointment prepared with:
- The appropriate completed application(s) and form(s)
- One U.S. passport-sized photo (2 in x 2 in) [note: be very clear when having photos taken in the Dutch Caribbean that you need U.S. passport-sized photos as Dutch passport-sized photos are incorrect].
- Proof of identity (a government issued photo ID). Note that adults who are first-time applicants should also provide multiple identity documents dating back from childhood to the current date.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (an original U.S. long form birth certificate or previous U.S. passport)
- Cash (US Dollars or Curacao Guilders) or credit card to pay the appropriate fees
- A pre-paid courier (DHL only) envelope if you reside in Aruba, Bonaire, Sint Maarten, Saba, or Sint Eustatius
IMPORANT NOTE: Minor children have other additional requirements that you should familiarize yourself with.
It is your responsibility to provide copies of all documents presented, including copies of the passport you may be renewing.
If you do not come with all of the above mentioned requirements ready at the time you enter the U.S. Consulate you may be requested to re-schedule your appointment for a later date.