Citizenship Services

Applications for citizenship services are by appointment only. Please be sure to schedule an appointment before attending the Consulate to submit an application.

Apply for Citizenship

When a child is born to at least one U.S. citizen parent outside of the United States, U.S. law may confer citizenship on the child, depending on various factors. Citizenship laws are complex, and it is impossible to address all factual situations here. Below, however, are the most common ones. Please note that in order to process a child’s claim to U.S. citizenship, the U.S. parent must establish that he/she is the biological parent.

For more information visit our Eligibility for a CRBA page