Location: Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten
Event: Heightened Middle East Tensions
There is heightened tension in the Middle East that may result in security risks to U.S. citizens abroad.
U.S. Consulate General personnel and U.S. citizens in the Dutch Caribbean are encouraged to review their personal security practices and contact local authorities regarding security concerns.
The Consulate General will continue to review the security situation and will provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Consulate General Curacao
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.