Please note that we are no longer accepting cashier’s check from Republic Bank.
U.S. citizens residing in the Dutch Caribbean may choose to renew their U.S. passport by mail in lieu of coming to the U.S. Consulate in Curaçao in person. In order to qualify for renewal of a U.S. passport by mail, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Applicants must be adults renewing a U.S. passport in their possession
- Applicant’s previous U.S. passport must have been issued for ten years validity
- Applicant’s previous U.S. passport must have been issued within the last fifteen years and be no more than five years expired and be undamaged
- Applicants must be renewing their U.S. passport in the exact same name as their previous U.S. passport (unless the name change is due to marriage or court order)
- Applicants must be renewing with a form DS-82
For applicants who meet all of the above criteria, please prepare the application package with the following:
- The appropriate completed form DS-82 .
- One U.S. passport-sized photo (2 in x 2 in) [note: be very clear when having photos taken in the Dutch Caribbean that you need U.S. passport-sized photos as Dutch passport-sized photos are incorrect].
- Previous U.S. passport (see requirements above)
- Pay the $130 passport application fee via the Pay.gov page. Select “Curacao” on the country dropdown. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you send to the Consulate. [Note: We do not accept cash, credit card, or personal checks by mail. If you cannot make a payment on pay.gov, the only other option is a Cashier’s Check in U.S. dollars made payable to “U.S. Disbursing Officer” in the amount of $130 USD. The check must be made out exactly using these instructions and amounts.]
- If applying in a name different from the previous U.S. passport, include either the original marriage certificate or original court order showing the name change.
- A pre-paid courier (DHL) envelope to return the new U.S. passport (please note the tracking number of the return envelope in order to track it once shipped). Please note that only DHL will be accepted.
Please send all of the above documents to the U.S. Consulate General in Curaçao by courier (DHL only) to the following address:
U.S. Consulate General Curacao
ATTN: American Citizen Services Unit
J.B. Gorsiraweg #1
U.S. passport renewals by mail are usually processed within two weeks.