An official website of the United States government

Lost or Stolen Green Cards

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues Permanent Resident Cards, also called LPR Cards or Green Cards, in the United States. The U.S. Consulate General does not issue replacement LPR cards.

If you are overseas and your Permanent Resident Card was lost or stolen, and you have been out of the United States for less than 365 consecutive days, you may request a boarding foil to allow you to return to the United States.

In order to apply for a boarding foil, you require an appointment. Schedule your appointment here: ACS Appointment System.

On the day of your interview, please bring the following to the Consulate:
1. Your valid passport
2. Completed Form I-131A, Application for Travel Document
3. Proof of fee payment. You must pay the $575 I-131A fee online. Please note that this fee is nonrefundable; USCIS does not issue refunds, regardless of the decision on the application.
4. Photocopy of your LPR card (if available) or proof of your legal permanent resident status such as a copy of notices received from USCIS, stamps in the passport, etc.
5. Police Report documenting that your green card was lost or stolen

If your application for boarding foil is approved, you will have to leave your passport at the U.S. Consulate General Curacao. Your passport will be ready for pick-up the next business day. LPRs applying for this document must be ready to travel because the boarding foil expires 30 days from issuance.