There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 100,000 reported cases worldwide.
On Friday, March 13, 2020 the Government of Curaçao announced one confirmed case of COVID-19 on the island.
The government of Curaçao has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Government of Curaçao for additional information on these new measures.
As of March 13, 2020, the Government of Curaçao has suspended all flights from Europe destined to Curaçao. Additionally, passengers who have been in China (including Hong Kong and Macau), Iran, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan as well as the provinces Lombardy, Veneto, Emiglia, Romagna, Peimonte, Aosta-vallei,Trentino-South Tirol, Friuli-Julisch-Venice, and Liguria in Northern Italy in the past 14 days, or have been in contact with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, are not allowed to board flights destined for Curacao.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19: https://cw.usconsulate.gov/news-events/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Curaçao.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Consulate General Curaçao
J.B. Gorsiraweg #1
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
Curaçao Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook.