There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 100,000 reported cases worldwide.
On Friday, March 13, 2020 the Government of Aruba announced two confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the island.
The government of Aruba has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Government of Aruba for additional information on these new measures.
Effective March 17, 2020 at midnight through March 31, 2020, Aruba will restrict entry to Aruba to all travelers except for legal residents of Aruba. Aruba’s travel restrictions pertain to visitors from all countries and islands including regional travel.
There are no travel restrictions in place for passengers departing from Aruba. Airlines are authorized to operate flights to bring passengers back to the United States. U.S. citizens who wish to depart Aruba by air to the United States of America after March 17, 2020 will still be allowed to do so. Please work with your airline carrier to learn more about flight availability options.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Consulate webpage on COVID-19: https://cw.usconsulate.gov/news-events/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Aruba.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Consulate General Curaçao
J.B. Gorsiraweg #1
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
Aruba Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Facebook.