Location: Wilhelminaplein, Punda, Willemstad, Curacao
Event: A general protest by refinery workers and their unions is expected to take place on February 7 beginning at 04:00 PM on Wilhelminaplein (Punda).
Local Police have positioned themselves on the road from Pietermaai to Wilhelminaplein. Expect the road going into Punda to be closed.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid the area of Punda, especially Wilhelminaplein.
Actions to Take: Avoid the area.
- U.S. Consulate General Curaçao
J.B. Gorsiraweg 1,
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Curacao Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter